Please visit our new website:
- Thiamin is classified as a B-vitamin. Combines with phosphorus to form
thiamin pyrophosphate (TPP) necessary for metabolism of protein, carbohydrate,
and fat; essential for growth, normal appetite, digestion, and healthy nerves.
DRI (RDA or AI for Adults)
- Males: 1.2 mg.
- Females: 1.1 mg.
- Pregnancy/Lactation: 1.4 mg.
- Brewer’s yeast, pork, ham, nuts, legumes.
- Specifically: brewers yeast, roast pork, ham, Brazil nuts, pistachios, pecans, catfish,
bagel, soynuts, filberts, pasta, cashews.
POSSIBLE THERAPEUTIC APPLICATIONS
- Memory loss
- Alcoholics are at greatest risk for developing a B1 deficiency.